Most programs at NBCC are delivered via a “blended” format. This means that some of your courses may be delivered in person at your designated campus, while other courses will be taught virtually using NBCC’s Learning Management System,
Brightspace, and MS Teams.
Students can expect to be on campus between 60 and 80 per cent of the time (three to four days per week). Classes are typically held between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Some exceptions apply.
NBCC Course Delivery Options:
- In-Person Learning – In-person course instruction on campus or at an alternate location. In-person learning may use technology such as Brightspace, laptops, digital textbooks, etc.
- Blended Learning – Course instruction alternates between in-person and virtual learning. Blended learning will use technology such as Brightspace or MS Teams.
- Hyflex Learning – Course instruction is available in person and virtually at the same time! This option empowers students to choose how they want to learn on any given day throughout the course. Hyflex Learning will
use technology such as Brightspace and/or MS Teams to enhance both the virtual and classroom-based learning experience.
- Virtual Learning – Course instruction is synchronous (live, scheduled sessions) and delivered virtually.
- Online Learning – Course instruction is asynchronous (unscheduled, self-paced) and delivered fully online.