Welcome to NBCC's Housing information page!
While NBCC does not offer on-campus housing, we are here to support students as they search for appropriate accommodations in one of our six campus communities.
Canada is currently experiencing a nationwide housing crisis, resulting in a shortage of available rental properties across New Brunswick. It is important for students to begin their housing search early!
Do you, or does someone you know, have a room or apartment to rent to an NBCC student? Are you a current or new NBCC student who needs a place to live while studying at one of our campuses?
Places4Students, below, is the platform to list spaces for rent if you're a home or apartment owner AND the place to browse through listings if you're a student.
NBCC has partnered with Places4Students Inc. to provide an online collection of numerous housing options.
Places4Students provides students, schools and landlords with the highest quality, off-campus housing service. This large real-time database is for student housing vacancies in our area, including photos and text, contact information and property features.
If you are looking for a home away from home, search listings on Places4Students. As a student, you can also post a FREE roommate advertisement.
Search Rentals Post for Roommate
If you have any questions about places4students.com, please connect with Customer Service at:
Monday-Thursday 9 am-7 pm EST
Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST
Student Housing Resources
Need a place to live while studying with NBCC?
Finding housing that's right for you might take some work, and you might need to consider seeking temporary accommodations until you can secure more permanent housing. Here are some helpful tips:
Start searching early!
- Landlords normally tend to advertise accommodations four to six weeks prior to the intended move-in date.
- Get to know your campus community and map it out. Consider transportation, shopping and nearby amenities that are important to you. (Fredericton | Miramichi | Moncton | Saint John | St. Andrews | Woodstock)
- What kind of accommodation do you require? Single, shared, family?
- Set aside a day or two to go visit your campus location to look at possible rentals and the map of your routes to meet your needs.
- We advise students to examine the premises and thoroughly read the lease or rental agreements. Understand your responsibilities and restrictions before making a final decision.
Determine your price range and develop a budget:
- Use a budget planner to determine your price range. A great tool can be found on the Government of Canada website here: Budget Planner.
- Visit Renting in New Brunswick (gnb.ca) for important information and checklists to help with your housing search.
- Keep a copy of all documents for your own records. If the landlord does not provide a lease, you can obtain a sample one from the Office of the Rentalsman.
- Google Resources - check out some of the local hotels, hostels or Airbnb's in your campus community.
- Student Housing Groups - check if there are any Facebook groups or online communities specific to NBCC students. These platforms often have postings for available rentals or potential roommates. Joining these groups can provide valuable information and connections for finding suitable housing.
- Roommate search - If you are comfortable sharing accommodation, consider searching for a potential roommate(s). This option can help the student split costs and potentially find housing in desirable locations. Places4Students can assist in finding compatible roommates.
- Research - Remember to research potential housing options thoroughly, visit properties if possible, and consider factors such as lease terms, costs, safety, and proximity to amenities. It might also be beneficial to connect with current NBCC Students who can provide insights or advice on finding housing in the area.
- Visit nb.211.ca for links to a wide variety of information and resources!
Rental Opportunities for Home Owners
NBCC Fredericton is located on the campus grounds of the University of New Brunswick and Saint Thomas University. NBCC students are welcome to live in any of their residence locations which are within walking distance of our campus. For
information & application:
*DISCLAIMER: NBCC is not responsible for any misrepresented, out-of-date or missing information. Housing availability and rental rates are subject to change. Please contact the landlord or contact person for verification.