Media is invited to the 2017 NBCC Indigenous Gala
. The evening will showcase Indigenous artists and performers from across New Brunswick. Proceeds from the event will support the Indigenous Student Bursary Fund established by the NBCC Foundation.What:
2017 Gelu’lg Maw-a-paw Indigenous Gala, hosted by the New Brunswick Community College, in support of the NBCC Indigenous Bursary FundDate:
Thursday, November 23, 2017Time:
6 p.m. Reception, Artists displays and Silent Auction / 7 p.m. Gala performances begin Where:
Delta Fredericton, 225 Woodstock Rd, FrederictonFeatured Artists and Performers
• James Jones – Internationally renowned Hoop Dancer
• Wolf Castle - Mi'kmaq Rapper, singer, producer and songwriter
• Deantha Edmunds-Ramsay – Soprano and Canada’s first classical singer of Inuit descent
• Shawn McBain - Mi’kmaq Flutist
• Imelda Perley – Wolastoqew Elder, teacher and healer
• Kesley Saulis – Singer, songwriter, musician and pianist from the Tobique First Nation
The event name, Gelu’lg Maw-a-paw, means “awesome gathering” in the Mi’kmaq (Gelu’lg) and Wolastoqiyik (Maw-a-paw) languages.
Media who wish to attend are asked to RSVP with Melissa Wah, NBCC’s Communications Coordinator.
Melissa Wah, Communications Coordinator, NBCC
506.453.8194 | firstname.lastname@example.org