Working in Canada

International students are granted work authorizations to be able to work while they study, as part of their studies, and after completing their program of study in Canada. There are even opportunities for your spouse or common-law partner to be able to work while you are studying (see the Spouses and Families of NBCC Students section).

However, it is important that you confirm that you meet all conditions to engage in each type of work. It is your responsibility as an international student in Canada to understand your work authorizations and conditions.