It is your own decision whether or not to use an education agent/consultant or an immigration representative. Agents cannot guarantee you admission to NBCC, nor can they guarantee a positive decision on any immigration application (for example: temporary resident visa, a study permit, or permanent residency in Canada). It is the sole responsibility of the student and his or her family to appropriately understand the services that agents provide and whether or not they constitute lawful advice.

To learn more NBCC’s partner educational agents, visit:

Immigration Advice

All agents offering or delivering immigration or temporary residency advice in exchange for a fee are required to be authorized by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) or are lawyers authorized by a Canadian Provincial Law Society. To confirm if your agent is authorized to provide immigration advice by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC), please visit:

Note that you are not required to use an immigration representative to submit an application for temporary residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

For more information about using an immigration representative, including what constitutes a paid representative, please visit: