Learning is a lifelong process and students at NBCC come from all walks of life.
Are you a mature applicant?
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You are not registered as a full-time student at a high-school, community college, or university
- You do not meet the admission requirement for a specific program
- You do have industry or related experience to compensate for the lack of pre-requisite skills
What learning options exist for a mature applicant?
We offer a range of options to help you learn in the way that best suits your lifestyle:
- Evening courses
- Certificate and diploma programs – we offer part-time courses that can run once a week, to full-time programs with two-year diplomas
How do I get started?
- Once you decide what program is for you, you are ready to apply
- Simply complete the Mature Application Form and include this with your program application by sending it to our admission centre
What else do I need to know?
- Life experience matters! If you have previous post-secondary courses under your belt, or real-life work experience, you may be eligible for credit transfer or formal recognition through our RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) program.
- Post-secondary education is an investment that pays off! Our financial information sections will also help guide you through the process. You can also learn more and how to apply for scholarships here.
- We're always here to help! If you have more questions or need more information, let us know! We want to make your transition to NBCC as smooth as possible.