Learning is a lifelong process and students at NBCC come from all walks of life.
Are you a mature applicant?
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You are not registered as a full-time student at a high-school, community college, or university
- You do not meet the admission requirement for a specific program
- You do have industry or related experience to compensate for the lack of pre-requisite skills
What learning options exist for a mature applicant?
We offer a range of options to help you learn in the way that best suits your lifestyle:
- Evening courses
- Certificate and diploma programs – we offer part-time courses that can run once a week, to full-time programs with two-year diplomas
How do I get started?
- Once you decide what program is for you, you are ready to apply
- Simply complete the Mature Application Form and include this with your program application by sending it to our admission centre
What else do I need to know?
- Life experience matters! If you have previous post-secondary courses under your belt, or real-life work experience, you may be eligible for credit transfer or formal recognition through our RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) program.
- Post-secondary education is an investment that pays off! Learn about the various financial options available to you.
- We're always here to help! If you have more questions or need more information, let us know! We want to make your transition to NBCC as smooth as possible.