FREDERICTON – Last fall, NBCC students were invited to participate in the International Student Barometer (ISB) and Student Barometer (SB) survey. The results are in and we are pleased with the outcomes. "The results from the International Student Barometer and Student Barometer reaffirm that we are fulfilling our commitment to our learners in terms of providing quality, relevant programming and students services," said Marilyn Luscombe, President and CEO of NBCC.
Results of the 2015 International Student Barometer (ISB) and Student Barometer (SB) show that:
- NBCC students demonstrate high levels (92%) of overall satisfaction with the College as compared with the global average (89%).
- Our students are eager to share their positive experience, 89% of NBCC students reported they would recommend NBCC, 10 percentage points higher than the global level.
- NBCC ranked number one in Student Services and internet access and number two in providing good contacts for the future.
- NBCC ranked third out of 46 participating Canadian institutions with regard to overall learning satisfaction.
- The biggest driver for teaching as part of learning satisfaction is our program content. 98.5% of NBCC respondents were satisfied with program content as compared with 90.2% across Atlantic Canada and 90% nationally.
"With feedback from over 2.5 million students worldwide across all student types, levels and years of study, the International Student Barometer is the leading benchmarking tool that NBCC can use to track the international student experience," said Nannette Ripmeester, Director of Client Services at i-graduate. "The results are positive for NBCC and will further inform their decisions around the recruitment and retention of students. They can also build upon the momentum of these results as they strive to enhance the experience for their international students."
NBCC was among eight colleges and universities across Atlantic Canada and 46 institutions nationally that participated. Students at 172 institutions worldwide also completed the survey. The results help us understand how our students rate their college experiences compared to students across Canada and around the world.
With over 90 programs and six campuses across New Brunswick, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is a provincially-recognized, public post-secondary institution reputed for producing skilled, knowledgeable graduates who are contributing to the Province’s socio-economic prosperity. NBCC offers students one- and two-year certificate and diploma programs. Find out more by visiting: www.nbcc.ca.
Communications Officer, NBCC
506.453.8194 | Cell: 506.440.9105